Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend is upon us. The holiday today gave me a chance to get some cards finished up. Tomorrow, I'll finish my shopping and wrapping and then all that's left is to sit back and wait for the Easter Bunny.

The top card was made using more of the Scenic Route paper I bought the other day. Each sheet is two-sided with a different pattern on each side so that you can do a lot of mixing and matching and get so many different looks. The chick in the centre and the blue swirl at the top are also from the same line. I love the flowers and have them in a bunch of colours.

The red stripe paper in the bottom card is from Melissa Frances and the chick paper is from Heidi Grace Designs. It is shimmery and flocked and just really beautiful. Having said the pattern is chicks, if you hold it the other way round, it looks like mice. I figured if I was using it as an Easter paper, chicks were more appropriate so that's what I'm calling it.

I love the brown gingham ribbon - gingham is one of my favourites and, to me, it goes with anything. The little yellow chick I've had forever and I honestly don't remember where I got it.

No comments: