Friday, June 20, 2008

Housework should be banned

I am doing everything within my power today to procrastinate as I know a ton of cleaning awaits me. It seems like I just get things clean and the dirt settles again....so, really, why bother?

I made this pretty card yesterday from some K&Company paper that I bought quite awhile ago. I added a lot of lacy accents cut from my Martha Stewart punch (officially now my favourite punch) and some rubons for the sentiment and the black edging. I find I sometimes get carried away with the embellishing and, when I'm done, the card won't fit into the envelope. Then I need to either make a bigger envelope or just attach it to the gift sans envelope.

I went to one of my favourite local scrapbook stores yesterday and, to my horror, found it to be empty. No sign, no nothing. Scrapbook stores are so few and far between in this city that I was quite surprised to see it gone but I guess you just never know. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roseanne Barr said "I will clean house when Sears comes out with a riding vacuum cleaner." and Phyllis Diller said "If your house is really a mess and a stranger comes to the door greet him with, "Who could have done this? We have no enemies!" and "Housekeeping is like being caught in a revolving door." You are probably to young to remember Phyllis Diller. I wanted to ask you if you have ever thought of making a card out of a particular shape based on a theme. As an example a wedding card made out in the shape of a bell? Was that the store in Erin Mills that closed?