Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mother's Day and some other stuff....

I finally got around to making some Mother's Day cards, though I have more to do. I love the colours on this one The paper is from Autumn Leaves "Pretty Poppy" paper collection. I find buying paper in a pad is really the most economical though it's difficult sometimes as I don't always like every single paper design in the pack. The flower on this card is from Prima and the ribbon is from a friend of a friend who owns a basket company and has tons of beautiful ribbons.



This card is done with some leftover scraps, idea-ology chipboard butterfly, Prima flower, some pearl stick-ons, a Martha Stewart punch for the lace borders and some wired tulle. The sentiment was printed on my computer.


Well, yesterday was a day for getting long overdue icky chores done; those odd jobs that pile up over the months that don't really affect day-to-day living but really should be attended to. My brother very kindly spent half the day here fixing, assembling and attending to my very lengthy "to do" list. First on the list was getting this very pretty shelf up, on which now sits my special Beatles drum set. A friend gave me the drums as a gift....a year and a half ago....as he knows I am a big Beatles fan so how fun is that!

We had a rainstorm yesterday I thought was going to uproot my building. The winds were absolutely beyond gusty.....I'm not sure what word describes beyond gusty but they were extremely, scary strong. I ran over half a tree in the road trying to get home before the storm hit full-on so I'll have to check my car to see what damage it might have done. Anyway, the temperature dropped like a rock after it was all said and done which means today is cloudy and cool. I'm off to start the rest of my errands. Thanks for looking at my site.






No comments: