Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shades of New England

A friend of mine who regularly cruises is on his way to New England at the end of the month and has asked me to make some themed thank you cards. Having done the New England cruise, I can say he is going to have a great time and will, hopefully, get to see some of the trees turning their beautiful colours.

The above card is made with some Anna Griffin paper and a copy of a very pretty New England watercolour. The rub-on is Melissa Frances and the flower is one I got from one of my favourite bloggers, Beatriz Jennings http://iralamija.blogspot.com.

Below is a cute whale and dolphin card made with embellishments from Jolees. The paper is Making Memories and the rub-on is Melissa Frances.


What could be more New England than a lighthouse, again from Jolees. I added some rub-ons, a brad and some ribbon and the bottom edge with some Paper Shapers decorative scissors.

It's a grey, dull day here with rain. I guess I shouldn't complain since we had almost 3 weeks in a row with no rain at all. I am still suffering from wasp infestation on the balcony and keep hoping they will simply tire of the scenery and move on. I spray them when I can but I don't like to use a heavy chemical spray as the cats go out there and I'm afraid it will make them ill. Back to the cards....I have a couple more to make so will post again later in the week.




No comments: