Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's not bad enough you gotta buy the stuff.......

But you gotta wrap it too....bah, humbug! Actually, I don't mind wrapping, if I have the time to do it properly. And, if I'm not doing 20 at a time which I have been lately. I was busy wrapping the other night and had literally every square inch of space in the living room covered with paper, ribbon, bows and you name it. The cats, particularly Kenya, cannot keep out of the bags and love to eat the ribbon (again, not naming names but....Kenya) which inevitably shows up again a short time later when he throws it up. Well, this night, they were particularly bad and the final straw was them running through the mess at about 100 miles an hour, simultaneously jumping up on the back of the couch and knocking over the tree. I screamed as I saw it hurtling towards the glass-topped coffee table but it stopped short, lucky for them.

Speaking of Kenya, it's his birthday today - Happy 11th Birthday! I used to buy them a specially-made cat cake that I ordered from a store in Toronto. They would deliver the cake, along with cat bow ties, all for the low price of about $45 (trust me, that's sarcasm). Of course, neither cat had any interest in eating it which, for the price I paid, made me tempted to eat the damn thing.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a present from you! Don't need anything inside your packages are a gift! Actually just one of your cards is also a gift. I really like the "Believe" card! You must show us more packages please.
Your IL friend