Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The case of the eternal balcony makeover

For the past five weeks they have been reconstructing the balconies on my building. This five weeks feels like five months. Not only is have they locked us in so that nobody kills themselves on what is left of the balcony (basically, a slab of concrete), the workmen have completely taken over the backyard, the parking lot and half of the front yard. I was hoping to have some relaxing time outside but it is not to be. The only positive I can see from this is that I have yet to see the wasps that have plagued me on my balcony for the past two years. Perhaps they are in hiding waiting, as am I, for the construction guys to hurry up and leave.

I made this card for my special friend, Ron. I always have a difficult time with masculine cards but think this fits the bill. Ron and his lovely wife are the most travelled people I have ever known (in fact, we met on a cruise ship) so I thought the postcard was appropriate. The paper is from Paper Pizazz and I added a few metal eyelets and a brad.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you posted this card on the blog. It is lovely! The photo doesn't do it justice. My Grand daughter thought it awesome! I was fortunate to receive a lovely feminine card or "girly card" agin my Grand daughters observation. I absolutely LOVE the card! It makes my birthday special! Thank you!
Hugs, Your IL friends!