Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy, busy, busy....


Well, I am done my four hellish dayshifts at work so I actually have a day to catch my breath. How people work those hours each and every day is beyond me....I prefer a more leisurely hour at which to wake. Consequently, my card making and blogging has suffered but we're back up on the horse today.

During my shifts, I managed to fit in some shopping and was very pleased with myself for the great deal I got on a new coat on which I had my eye. However, upon getting the coat home, I found that the store had forgotten to remove the security tag so I'll have to make another trip back to the mall to have that removed. The American store, Bath & Body Works, is FINALLY opening in Canada with its grand opening tomorrow in the mall that is, quite conveniently, but 3 minutes from my home. It will be an early rise tomorrow in order to be first at the doors.

The card above is a 50th anniversary card so I wanted to be sure to use lots of gold to represent the 50 golden years. I do love these Doodlebug velvety papers except that the black attracts a lot of white pussycat hairs. The gold metal heart is one I got in an Anna Griffin paper kit many moons ago and the gold frame was actually silver until I painted it.

Lots to do today...cleaning, tidying up, more cards, preparation for Bath & Body Works opening day, etc. All the reality shows start up again this month as do our reality show pools at work. Enjoy this beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, your use of texture shows a unique creativity in your card making abilities. When are you going back for more supplies?
Do you think anyone likes working days? And I can't even imagine working straight days with only weekends off! I have to admit dayshift and other duties has also affected my comments on your blog. Did you have fun at Bath and Body? And I hope they gave you some compensation for the returned trip to the store to get security tag removed. If not, I know someone who can probably persuade them to give you something.