Sunday, October 19, 2008

Beautiful Colours




Fall is upon us and the trees are beautiful colours as seen in this photo from my balcony. It won't be long before all the leaves are gone and winter....yech, I can hardly say it.....will be here. Fall is actually one of my favourite times of year except that I wish it would just skip to spring. I guess that's what we have to expect, living in Canada. I got a jump on winter this year and ordered some snow tires which, I hope, will make it a little easier to navigate.
I made this card for a friend of mine who is turning 50. Fifty always sounded so old when I was a kid; now that I'm here, it's not so bad. I was able to use up a lot of my scraps and this is actually some of my favourite paper. I was very lazy today and cannot have a repeat of this tomorrow. My neighbour's cat has diabetes and requires shots two times a day. I have been learning how to do the injections so that I can fill in for her should she need to stay late at work. I'm not sure I was cut out to be a doctor but I'll give it my best. I'm on my own tomorrow with him so wish me luck.

No comments: