Saturday, November 22, 2008

50 Years

A coworker asked me to make her a card for a friend who is turning 50. I sort of planned the card around the pretty lace ribbon (which is actually blue in the middle not black as it looks in the picture). I've been using up a lot of scraps lately, most of which have come from my favourite papers. I love this silver embossed paper and I have just enough for one more card. I tried to make the "50" kind of understated as I'm not sure most 50-year olds want that to be the focus of their celebration!

I ran around yesterday like a complete maniac. First, I had my physical which ended up taking 2 hours after I waited for the doctor then waited for the lab. I got my flu shot at the same time so my arm is a little sore today. Then, I shopped til I dropped but actually got quite a bit accomplished. Tonight, I'm back to wrapping, the only problem being that, once I wrap the gifts, I don't really have anywhere to put them to keep them out of reach of the cats who love chewing the ribbon and bows.

I have taken up walking....well, not that I didn't know how to walk but what I mean is walking as a form of exercise. My neighbour asked if I wanted to start since two people seem to motivate more than you do on your own. We walk about an hour each night but, I tell you, it was bitter cold out there tonight. Why couldn't I have thought of this when it was warm out??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your witty comments about your life! I would LOVE to get a 50 card like that! You do beautiful work.

I am going to celebrate my friends birthday today. After looking at your beautiful cards I am embarrassed to admit I bought her card at the Factory Card Outlet! I have more money to pay for her dinner though! The restaurant we go to gives a percent off for each year. She is 63 today so I get a good deal to treat her.

Keep shopping and wrapping. Really enjoy the adventures of Diane.
Jan from IL