Sunday, November 23, 2008

Birthdays, Anniversaries and Christmas, oh my....



It seems like I am running the gamut when it comes to making cards these days. While Christmas seems to be the occasion du jour, birthdays, anniversaries and everything else still go on as well. Perhaps because I start my shopping in late summer, it just seems that Christmas seems to be an awfully long season.

I met up with a couple of friends for lunch today which was a nice change to eating in front of the television. I then went on a lengthy hunt for Christmas cards since there is no way I would ever have enough time to hand make every one that I send out. Sorry kids. Let me tell you - it's no Florida out there and that wind was biting cold. What happened to global warming?

This 50th Anniversary Card I made with some more bits of paper I had left over, some Prima flowers, pearl stick-ons and some very pretty lacy ribbon. I stickled the brads to make them all nice and glittery. Very pretty if I do say so myself.

It's Monday tomorrow and I really need to get out and get some Christmas lights to hang on my balcony. Each year I buy more lights but then, at the end of the season, can never get them back into the box the way they came so I just throw them out. Very, very bad. I was hoping the weather would warm up before I have to put the lights up but I'm not holding out much hope. Have a great week!

No comments: