Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cards that stand alone

Once I finish this post, I am off, yet again, to shovel my car off. How can so much snow keep falling from the sky? Then, I have an exciting afternoon of cleaning and house chores to keep me busy. Yesterday was spent cleaning out one whole closet. I got some new clothes hangers for Christmas which motivated me to get going on the job. I'm sure you are thinking how motivating can hangers be but, seriously, these are the best! They are all soft and nicely rounded so you don't get all those horrible hanger bumps in your sweaters. Truly, take a look for yourself - http://www.huggablehangers.com/. Apparently, I have way more clothes than I did hangers so I'm going to have to order some more before I can tackle the next closet. You gotta love procrastination.


I always think it's important that each card I make have its own personality. Even though I may use the same paper and colour combination on two different cards, I like to think that each is individual and unique. Above, both cards were done from the identical Basic Grey paper in identical layouts. One is for a 40th Birthday and the other for a colleague who is leaving the shift. I cut some stars from Cricut "George" and added some buttons, rubons and twine. Unfortunately, my printer seems to have died after I had a massive paper jam. I'm thinking that my shoving my fingers in there did not help matters and probably was the cause of the death. Never put your hand where you wouldn't put your face and things will be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are definitely the Cadillac of hangers. I just hate when I have shoulder bumps in my shirts. I will have to order some today!