Sunday, February 15, 2009

With apologies for being a bad blogger.....

It has been awhile since my last post though, for the life of me, I don't know where the time goes. I suppose work takes up most of my time and procrastination another good portion of the day. However, I'm back at it with a couple of cards I made this weekend (and what a beautiful bright, sunny weekend it was!).

I owe a nod to Melissa Phillips for the inspiration behind this card. It was done with Scribble Scrabble and k&company papers, some Prima flowers and Melissa Frances rubons. Pretty simple but very pretty.



This card was made for a friend who is adopting a new kitten. She recently lost her elderly cat so a new baby is sure to brighten her life. This is done with Doodlebug paper (including some of my favourite black "velvet"). The heart is Maya Road, edges were cut with a Martha Stewart punch, the cat sticker is Fiskars, brads are Doodlebug and the rub-on is Melissa Frances.

Sadly, my cat Kona and I ended up in the emergency vet again yesterday. He went to throw up, as cats do, but blood came out rather than anything else. These things always, always happen when my regular vet is unavailable so I drove him down to emerg where he very patiently (and cutely, I might add, in his sweater that grandma knit) went through the motions of being poked, prodded and observed. It was also a little embarrassing as Kona did not smell the best. We have been catsitting Orphy next door and Kona loves, for some unknown reason, to roll around in Orphy's litter box, be it clean or not. I figured there was no sense cleaning him up until our catsitting stint was over tomorrow. It's a take on the old adage - always wear clean underwear in case you have to go to the hospital. To their credit, emerg was great and we were in and out within half an hour. Of course, not before paying our $287.00 bill. I should have had kids - they would have been cheaper.

I have also been busily watching a ton of movies, trying to see all of them that are nominated for the upcoming Academy Awards. Most are excellent though not the most upbeat but I honestly cannot say that I could pick a winner as they are all so different. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Happy Family Day!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is Kona doing? Is everything ok? Why didn't you tell me about Kona on the weekend via email?

Anonymous said...

I am also wondering how Kona is doing. What is/was wrong?

Loved the new kitty card although I must admit at first I wondered why the kitty phot on a new baby card. LOL

Hope this posts it is my third and final try.

IL