Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter

I finally found some time to sit down and make some Easter cards. I had hoped to make a couple more but that will have to wait until tomorrow. The first card was done with K&Company paper, some Prima flowers and the Easter bunny is from a piece of wrapping paper. I apologize for the blurry picture - as you can see, my photo picture skills have not improved at all. I have been trying to buy a new camera but the model I want is new for this year and not available in Canada yet. How many times have I heard those words?? Personally, I think the problems lies less with the camera and more with the user.


This very pretty card combines some Suzy's Zoo paper with some scraps that happened to match perfectly. I cut out three of the flowers from the paper, layered them with buttons and ribbon then adhered everything to the green ribbon. I love working with tulle because it's so versatile and you can never screw it up. I added a few stick on rhinestones and a Happy Easter rub-on.

This is my week off after my 7 night shifts and I am going to need to go back to work for a rest after all that I have to do. I am trying to gradually get ready for my trip next month so that I am not scurrying around like a madman at the last minute. The family is getting together for Easter Sunday so I am preparing an appetizer of some sort. The "Bark and Park", a mobile pet groomer, is coming on Tuesday to work on Kona's very badly matted coat. Plus, I am catsitting for Orphy next door so it's go-go-go here. Hope everyone enjoys your long weekend and have a Happy Easter!

No comments: