Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Is it sometimes easier to just buy a box???

Keeping with the black and white theme, I made this box for a wedding shower I am going to on the weekend. I used a mish mash of paper, some American Crafts, some Doodlebug and some scraps I had laying around. The pearl brads are from the Bride's Magazine wedding collection, flowers from Prima, rub-on from Melissa Frances and the ribbons are from assorted sources.

As much as I like the finished product and the whole art of craft making, I sometimes wonder if it's just easier to buy a box or bag to put the gift into. I know this train of thought negates the whole point of my card making, but it sure took a lot of time and effort to make this project! Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained and I really do enjoy this as a hobby.

That's it for today. Work calls over the next few days so I doubt I'll get any projects done. My cat, Kona, is sick AGAIN (I can't believe it was just a couple of months we went through this) though he did get out of his sick bed to have something to eat which is a good sign. It's his eighth birthday tomorrow so I'm hoping he gets better soon!


No comments: