Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where does the time go????

My sincerest apologies for my lengthy absence from the blog world. My life has been so hectic these last couple of months. First of all, I am working tons of overtime; second of all, Christmas shopping takes up what little time I have left and third of all....well, third of all, I just need some chill time now and then.

However, I am back to the cardmaking world as I took off a couple of days vacation to try to catch my breath. Wouldn't you know it, it rained and rained and rained today but, that's OK - it gave me a chance to get some inside stuff done.

I made this first card for my mom's 85th Birthday which was today - Happy Birthday, Mom! The family took her and some of her friends out for Sunday brunch a couple of weeks ago so today was kind of anti-climatic for her but a day filled with lots of good wishes from friends and family. The flower paper is from a company called "Scrapbour", matched with some yellow polka-dotted paper from Bazill. Lace and ribbon is from my overstuffed ribbon drawer, rub-ons are Melissa Frances and the rhinestone swirl is Making Memories.


This second card is for a 50th Wedding Anniversary and is made with paper from "The Paper Company". The chipboard frame is "Making Memories", rub-ons are Melissa Frances and the gold corners are peel and stick. All flowers are from Beatriz Jennings' etsy shop at http://iralamija.blogspot.com/ .

I hope we can talk again sooner than later. Rain, rain go away and enjoy your weekend.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The card for your Mom is a treasure in itself! I am sure it will occupy a very special place in her heart as well in her home. Good job daughter!
Il Friend