Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter

I have been busy this weekend making Easter cards which I love because there are so many beautiful colours you can incorporate. Perhaps, too, it's the whole idea that Easter signals spring is here and winter is over. Yay!

The first card is made with some "We R Memory Keepers" paper. There's about 6 pieces in the set that all have the same colours so you can mix and match to your heart's content.


I have some K& Company sugared flowers that matched the paper and some adhesive cardboard stickers. The little bunny in the corner is adorable - I think I picked up a pack of 10 for $2 or something ridiculous at the dollar store.

The second card is made with some Making Memories "English Garden" paper. These are less the traditional Easter colours but still soft and spring-y. The chick on his egg is an image I printed from the Internet; I added some ribbon, a Melissa Frances rubon, stick-on pearls, vintage lace and a pretty Prima flower.

I have some more cards to post but that will have to wait until tomorrow as I have a million things to do before I get to bed. Speaking of which, Kenya threw up in his favourite bed - a cat hammock that is a million years old and doesn't even hang any more it's so stretched out - so I need to get the cleaner out for that. One run through the washing machine didn't do it and he won't be happy tonight if he can't have his hammock. Kids!


No comments: