Sunday, April 11, 2010

Some projects to share

I have been busy this weekend with some requests for cards from friends and family. I spent half the day yesterday trying to figure out why my sewing machine won't work. I must have threaded it 20 times and, each time, as soon as I started sewing, the thread would break. I have not one mechanical bone in my body so the only thing I could think of was the thread was too thick or too thin. However, three different kinds of thread later and the problem still persists so I give up.

This first card is soooo cute! It's for a Wedding Anniversary so I hope the happy couple likes it as much as I do. The polka dot paper is by Heidi Swapp, the bird embellishments are "Me and My Big Ideas" and the rest is pretty much from my own supply cupboard.


The second card is for one of our Cadets at work who just got made up to Constable. I thought it would be nice to use the police crest as part of the card. Of course, I couldn't do any sewing because....well....see above paragraph...... so the card looks kind of plain to me. I guess there's something to be said for simplicity.

The final project is a sympathy card done in pale blues, greys and black. And, yes, look! There's sewing! This was the 47 seconds that the machine actually worked before dying completely. I love, love, love the little blue flowers by Prima. I have them in about 10 different colours and they are so elegant and pretty.

That's it for another weekend. I still have a few cards to make later this week so hope to post again then. Thanks for looking!



No comments: