Sunday, October 3, 2010

As summer ends.......

Today, I took out my air conditioners, a chore that always signals to me the end of summer. I am still holding out for some warm, sunny days before the cold of winter-to-come sets in. This is about the time, each and every year, that I start asking myself why I live in a climate that brings us snow and cold rather than Arizona or Florida or Hawaii.

This is a card made with Basic Grey paper. I am finding, more and more, that they are making paper two-sided with different patterns on either side. It's actually a much better idea though, inevitably, I like one side better than the other and end up with too much of the stuff I don't like. I added a metal frame from Tim Holtz, Prima flowers, Melissa Frances rub-ons and Martha Stewart ribbon.

For as many good intentions as I had today to get a bunch of chores done, that went by the wayside as it always seems to do. I have some vacation time coming so I must get organized in order to get organized, particularly with Christmas coming faster than we know!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice sympathy card. Such a tranquil fee l to it. Good taste as always.

IL Friend