Monday, September 15, 2008

Where's summer.....oh there it went......


It feels like a fall day today and I can see some of the leaves starting to change colour. If that was summer, I think I missed it. Fall always make me sad because I know winter is not far behind and I DETEST winter and snow and cold.

Sadder than that, I am nearing the end of my days off and I feel like I have accomplished little. I got the car into the shop today for its regular maintenance and pre-winter checkup and I have a couple of loads of laundry going so everything is under control. I am cat sitting my neighbour's two boys, both of whom are sick. One was just diagnosed with diabetes so I took him to the vet this morning so that they can start his insulin. Poor thing is just skin and bones and I'm hoping they can fatten him up. He was so good in the car - not like my two who squawk the whole time like I'm killing them.

This is a sympathy card I made with some left-over paper, some magic mesh and bits and pieces of other adornments. It's for a man so I didn't want to get too frou-frou. I think this is very classy yet understated and the colours are quite sombre.

I better get back to my chores. Happy Monday and enjoy your week.

No comments: