Monday, May 3, 2010

Mothers

Mother's Day is just around the corner - I can't believe how time has flown and we are into May already. I was lucky enough to spend the day with my mom on Saturday. We had a great shopping excursion where we both spent too much money but that's what excursions are all about. Mom loves clothes as much as I do and I often joke we should have been born Trumps.

Looking through blogs, I found a very pretty card on one of my very favourite blog sites, http://iralamija.blogspot.com/. It is sometimes hard to find design inspirations, but one of the cards on Bety's site jumped out at me and this is what I came up with.

I used Anna Griffin paper for both the cards, some bits and pieces of other assorted papers including Making Memories, Prima flowers, lace, ribbon and Melissa Frances rubons. Touch wood, my sewing machine appears to be functioning again though I was ready to throw it through the window last night. You know that feeling when you just want to get something done but nothing cooperates? I think I need to work on the art of patience.

I was lucky enough to be part of the Ontario Police Memorial yesterday and got to march with several thousand officers honouring those officers who have died this past year. The service was quite moving and the weather held off so that nobody got drenched.


I've got a thousand things to get done and half my day is gone already. I was hoping to get the windows cleaned, car washed and waxed, laundry done, cleaning at least half done and so much more but, alas.....well, suffice it to say, all those things are still on my list.

No comments: