Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I had a lovely family day today for my mom's 86th birthday on the 19th of this month. It was a perfect fall day with bright sunshine and it was just nice to have the family together. We got mom a Kindle which is actually kind of neat. Being a big hands-on type of person, I wasn't sure how I would like reading off a screen but it really wasn't much different than reading an actual book. Plus, it's pretty simple to operate which is a big plus for an older person (mom, not me!).

I used some more of My Mind's Eye paper for this card and I always forget how much I love the soft colours. The flower is Michael's, rub-on is Melissa Frances, lace, ribbon and pearl brads are from my many drawers full of stuff.

It was nice to get the extra hour of sleep last night but not so nice tonight when it started to get dark at 5:00. I can see why people get depressed during this time of the year. Depending on what shift I'm working, I sometimes feel like I am perpetually in the dark (literally, not figuratively). Oh well, make the best of it and soldier on.......have a great week.

No comments: