Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rain, rain go away.....

It's been raining straight here for about 2 weeks now with a day or two of sun in between. It's also been quite chilly so it's certainly not enjoyable being outside. This card reminded me of bright sunshine and what I would like to see when I look out the window.

After two days of watching every Royal Wedding programme I could find on the dial, I decided it was time to do something else so I made a pretty birthday card. The black paper is embossed and is the perfect contrast to the yellow floral. I added some white lace, black and white gingham ribbon, some black rhinestone embellishments, a matching yellow flower and some rub-ons. I had to make a quick trip out for some thread as I played the thread-the-sewing-machine game again today for half an hour before I decided I just needed some thinner thread. That did the trick.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

No comments: